« Home | Why hello there... »

Why the name?

You may be asking why my blog is called "you need a blue sky holiday." You may also be thinking that this phrase sounds familiar. Indeed, it is a familiar phrase among those in-touch with pop-culture.

The phrase is used in Daniel Powter's hit song, "Bad Day." I am just one of, probably, millions of people who adore this song. It's so fitting to many life events and seems to speak to the heart. When I heard the phrase, "you need a blue-sky holiday" I thought ... yes ... yes I do.

Hence, this blog will be my blue-sky holiday.

Do you ever feel like you're in a rut? Do you ever feel like you don't know where you're headed? Do you ever feel like you need to escape?

I do. This weekend I'm heading out to Chicago -- my favorite place on earth -- my blue-sky holiday.

Where or what is your blue-sky holiday?

Previous posts