« Home | Why the name? » | Why hello there... »

First "man" post.

This is a monumental occasion for me. I have decided that I will blog about the men or lack thereof in my life. This is big because I'm used to not talking to anyone about my "man situation."

This post is more of a hypothetical questioning post. I recently went on a trip with a "guy-friend." Read: a friend who is a guy -- We'll call him Chicago Guy. Before I left, I got all sorts of flack from family, friends, etc. about going on a trip with just me and Chicago Guy.

I told them that, firstly, he is a friend and nothing else, and secondly, I'm 22-years-old and if I want to go on a trip with ANY guy, friend or not, I will do just that.

I don't see the big deal with women and men today. There are so many games and tricks and thinking and preparing and more thinking that happen before even one small action is taken. I hate it. Why do people automatically assume that just because I'm going on a trip with a friend, I will screw him because we're sleeping in the same room? It's just sleeping. It's what we do between sightseeing and shopping.

Let me just clear this up, we didn't have sex, kiss, hold hands, or anything of the sort.

It just annoys me that men and women can't be friends without everyone thinking something will happen if they're alone.

My second beef with relationships between women and men:
They can't just say what's on their mind.

For example, say I did like this guy whom I went on my trip with. Would I say anything? Probably not. Because once you cross the "I want to be more than friends" threshold, there is no going back (aside: I don't like Chicago Guy, it's just a frame of reference).

It's incredible how much thinking and preparing and games occur before even the first step is taken toward entering a relationship.

Even if someone does approach a guy they like and say, hey, I've been thinking, maybe would you like to go out sometime -- or if he approaches you for that matter (and what is it with guys always having to make the first move, anyhow) -- and he isn't interested, what's the big deal? He just does think you two would be a match. Get over it. There's no reason that this should make things awkward or ruin a perfectly good friendship.

It really just makes me sick to think of all of the stupid games that women and men play with each other. Instead, I think everyone should be perfectly honest and open with each other. If you want to just be friends with benefits with someone, tell them that. What's the worst that could happen? They say no and then you'll just have be friends. They should be flattered that you think they're attractive enough for you to want to have sex with them. But instead, maybe they will say yes and then you have sex and then one of you want more and one of you just want sex and then it ends. Or he/she says no and then it ruins the friendship. OR the sex is so good that a relationship entails and you get married. OR the sex is just really good and after it starts just being mediocre, you both move on.

I think it's this chance of so many possibilities that leads people to play games.

Nonetheless, I really think that the world would just be a LOT easier is people would stop playing games. Then, once the games are done, stop taking everything personally. If someone doesn't want to screw you, move on. It doesn't mean you're not a quality person or that you're unattractive...just simply means that you're not compatible with this person.