« Home | A few quick notes... » | 4 things I live my life by... » | First "man" post. » | Why the name? » | Why hello there... »

First Detroit Tigers Post.

You must know this:

I LOVE THE DETROIT TIGERS

Now that that's out of the way, I must do the obligatory Detroit Tigers post. In my last blog, I wrote about them constantly -- because they sucked. I was constantly commenting about what Trammell needed to do to turn the team around or what the pitchers needed or who should be traded, etc. Now, it's completely different.

If anyone mentions the Tigers around here, people eyes light up. People ask if you saw last night's game. People say, "wasn't that a great game against the Yankees." People actually smile.

This is such a change. I'm a DIE HARD Tigers' fan. Have been my whole life. It's just a fact of life.

On one hand (the big hand), it's wonderful to see my Tigers doing so great. On the other hand, on a smaller scale, it's really hard for me to see all of the fair-weather fans parading around, masquerading as true Tigers' fans.

Let's get back to the larger issue, though. The magic of this year:
It's been wonderful. I have the 43-game, season ticket pack. 43 GAMES!! And I've been to 98% of the games which we have tickets to. I LOVE COMERICA PARK. Last year we had the 20-game pack and it was fun, but it wasn't the same. This year, I'm having CoPa withdrawal when they're on the road. When I go to the park, it's magical. It's loud -- and not with boos. It's a great feeling that every die-hard sports fan should experience once in their lives.

To go from a team that lost 119 games a couple years back to a team that's flirting with 30 games over .500, is wonderful. It's beyond words. It's my life. My passion. My love. My heartache. My everything. It's so hard to explain. I probably sound like a weirdo, but it's true. I love the Tigers.

Epiphany: The Detroit Tigers are my blue sky holiday