« Home | Ground rules. » | Boring life.... » | More about boys... » | Boys!! » | Remembered my purpose » | Wow... » | Feel so free... » | Love as I know it. » | Days that start dismal and end enjoyable. » | Just stumbled upon this... »

SUCH a girl...

I've been feeling like such a girl lately. Most of the time, I feel tired and run-down and don't feel like dressing up or doing my hair or putting on makeup. Don't get me wrong, I do all of these things (minus the dressing up) everyday, but I haven't been feeling like it lately.

That was...until last weekend. I went shopping with my mom and completely girl-ed out.

Girl experience #1: I had my first Sephora experience!!
I have ALWAYS been a fan of makeup - shopping for it, experimenting with it, wearing it ... whatever. BUT, I had always walked by Sephora and been intimidated. People seemed like they knew what they wanted, went it, grabbed it, and quickly checked out.

When it comes to makeup shopping, I like to browse. So I had always been to shy to go in.

Well, this weekend, I finally did it. My 17-year-old sister has always liked the way I do my makeup and has never really had any professional products. So I decided to put together a "makeup gift bag" for her. I got her the makeup holder/bag thingy, eye shadow, a brush set, and some blush.

I browsed, I sampled, I loved.

Sephora was great.

Girl experience #2: New Purse.
Purses are other products that I love to shop for and spend good money for. On my latest trip to Chicago (in June) I had bought my first Coach purse from Bloomies. I loved it. It was off-white with the Coach "C's" and a bumble-bee. It was really cute and really summer-y. So I decided that I needed a more winter-y purse.

On the same shopping excursion as Sephora, my mom and I visited Macy's. Now, aside from their Coach bags being MUCH cheaper than Bloomies, they also had a MUCH better selection. So I bought one! I LOVE IT. It's brown with the C's and tan and white stiching with a buckle-type button. I don't really know how to explain purses well, and they don't have a photo of it on Coach.com, but you get the point.

So that was my girly experience. I'm so proud.

Above that, I'm growing my nails out again, so that they'll look nice.

It's so weird, I go in weird spurts of fashion. For 6 months or so, I'll do so good. I'll do my hair everyday and want to look cute and my nails and toenails will look good, and I'll just look like a lady. Then for a few months I'll get really run-down and just not care...I'll still do my hair most of the time and wear makeup, but I'm content with just wearing a hoodie and jeans.

Oh well. Such is life.

P.S. I'm officially single now. It's been a rough week or so, but it's really for the best and I'm really happy. He's not -- he calls and texts all the time with pathetic messages -- but I'm happy. And, we still talk 2-3 times a week, so it's like I can have my best friend but not the baggage. It's nice. Now I just need a nice, catholic boy that I can bring home and be happy with. Any takers?