« Home | SUCH a girl... » | Ground rules. » | Boring life.... » | More about boys... » | Boys!! » | Remembered my purpose » | Wow... » | Feel so free... » | Love as I know it. » | Days that start dismal and end enjoyable. »

Randomness...

I have so much to blog about. Don't be surprised if multiple posts follow.

#1. Thanksgiving was HORRIBLE.

There was a series of needless events that contributed to an overall bad Thanksgiving. The first of which was that the van broke down on our first stop of the trip. We drove from Michigan to Florida - all 22 hours of it - in a 1983 Dodge van. It needed a starter. Because we couldn't turn it off once we got it started (after an hour) we had to drive all the way to Florida, keeping it running the whole time. That was fun.

The second unnecessary event was that my creepy uncle (the one married to my aunt - so it's not like he's even part of the family) touched my ass THREE TIMES and made creepy, lude comments to me throughout our stay. It creeped me out. My family is very nice and semi-religious, but most of all, they are southern. That means that if you say crap or pissed off or anything of the sort, they don't like it. So my uncle touching my ass and making rude comments was something I couldn't convey to my family. I just had to bear it and shoot him nasty looks of discontent.

The third thing that contributed to a bad holiday was that my sister and her (illegal) boyfriend broke up (finally). I don't recall if I've written about them in this blog before, but I'll just say that this relationship (between my 17-year-old sister and her 23-year-old boyfriend) has been a source of fighting, hatred and conflict in our family for more than a year. So the ending of the relationship was a source of happiness, but the fact that it happened on Thanksgiving DAY, over the phone, while she was in Florida and he was in Michigan was a source of stress and the reason my sister locked herself in the van, crying for hours.

So that was my Thanksgiving. It was good to see the family and, for the most part, it was alright, but because of the aforementioned reasons, it pretty much sucked.