« Home | Is luck just that, or do we make our own luck? » | A couple Tigers stories in today's paper » | The art of being single... » | Quote of the day... » | First Detroit Tigers Post. » | A few quick notes... » | 4 things I live my life by... » | First "man" post. » | Why the name? » | Why hello there... »

The Tigers....duh...

I know most of you don't care about the Detroit Tigers...but *NEWSFLASH* I do, and since they have pretty much been the highlight of my life this week, I feel another post is necessary.

I went to the games last Friday and Sunday, again on Wednesday and will be going tonight and Sunday. I LOVE IT. I can't remember the last time I've been to so many games in one week...in fact...I've NEVER been to so many games in a week.

This has been the best summer of my life. I remember last summer when I would tell people about my Tigers obsession and they would simply say, "Really? Even though they stink?"

I would answer with a resounding, "YES! They are my team. They are my boys. They are my life. And they have been all of these things since I WAS BORN! It'll never change."

This year is completely different. When I tell people of my Tigers obsession now people say, "Yeah, I love the Tigers too! They are doing so well. It's so great to see my favorite team doing so well."

First of all = Bullshit! Most of the people paying attention this year are fair-weather fans ... but I'll take it! I LOVE IT!

I was at the Tigers/ChiSox game Wednesday and I said "Now, THIS is baseball" at least 5 times. I love seeing a crowd of 40,000 people at the ballgame, especially with probably 39,000 of those people are PAYING ATTENTION to the game, cheering appriopriatly and having a great time.

When Craig Monroe hit the grand slam (which ultimatly won the game) I was hugging people I had never talked to before, high fiveing my fellow "gum time" fans and having THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!

I can't tell you what this summer has meant to me. It'll, most likely, be my last summer in Michigan and to be able to see 40+ games of MY team, who are the BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE is the best feeling in the world. I can't stress how much I'm loving this summer and loving my Tigers. I love it, I love it, I love it!

Going to my 17th game of the season tonight! GO TIGS!!

Here are some photos for your viewing enjoyment:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting