« Home | I like.... » | The Tigers....duh... » | Is luck just that, or do we make our own luck? » | A couple Tigers stories in today's paper » | The art of being single... » | Quote of the day... » | First Detroit Tigers Post. » | A few quick notes... » | 4 things I live my life by... » | First "man" post. »

I wonder...

I wonder what my friends think about me and my guy situations? I was thinking earlier today about my friends. There are the friends who can't be without a boyfriend, the insecure friends who always drive guys away, the shy friends who can never work up enough confidence to go on dates, the outgoing friends who go home with a different guy every night, etc.

I wonder what category I fall into with my friends. One of my friends told me freshman year that she thought I was a lesbian since the 6th grade! For 7 years she thought I was gay -- even though I had several boyfriends in high school.

When I went away to Northern I never told anyone about the guys I saw up there because I wasn't really that close with anyone here.

When I came back here, I kind of continued that trend. I haven't been dating a lot since I've been home (it's been about a year and a half), but there have been a few guys. I guess I just haven't really been that interested in dating.

Don't get me wrong - I still love men, love flirting, love "playing" with men, love the chase, love being with them. I just really think I have some commitment issues right now.

I don't know if I would categorize it as "issues," but there is something going on with me right now. I just have no desire to be in a relationship. Is this normal? Will I ever get over this?

Some of my friends try to fix me up with anything that walks, some of my friends ask me an unnecessary amount of questions to find out about any guys in my life, some look at me weirdly and some, I think, have just given up on me.

I wonder what they're thinking about me. Does that friend still think I'm gay? Have my parents written off the chance at grandbabies? I don't know.

I don't really care what they think, because none of that will change the fact that right now I just want to have fun and play around with no strings attached, but it would be interesting to know what they were thinking.