« Home | It's all coming to an end » | Scared. Like, really scared. » | I know, I know » | Movies as an interactive experience » | Job update » | Job situation » | I usually start a post off with a title. Today, I ... » | Online dating update » | I just came across this and, even though I've hear... » | Fun little ditty »

Hello New York

Well, here I am. I finally started my first real job and moved into my first apartment by myself.

It's been quite a haul and quite a bit of a disaster getting here, but now that I'm here, I love it.

My landlord promised my apartment would be done by the time I moved in because he had gutted the entire house to almost everything completely new. I continuously told him when I would be here and he still promised me, with the date quickly approaching, that it would be done.

When we (read: my mother, my stepfather, my sister and my self) arrived there was nothing more than walls up and a few light fixtures. There was no kitchen, no bathroom, no flooring ... nothing.

So we complained a lot and he made more empty promises and after a week in a hotel, which had the most uncomfortable beds, I finally spent my first night in my very own apartment.