« Home | Job situation » | I usually start a post off with a title. Today, I ... » | Online dating update » | I just came across this and, even though I've hear... » | Fun little ditty » | TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! » | Online Dating » | Tiger Withdrawal » | The Mc's » | Jesus Hates Me »

Job update

Warning: a lot of capitalization lies ahead.

I. Got. The. Job. WOOO!!!

I'm really excited - I got the job at Weekly News. It's not the best job in the world, but I'll get to write and I'll be getting PAID!! I think that's what I'm the most excited about. I'll FINALLY be able to save up some money for my NYC/Boston trip in May!!!

Anyway, I just found out about the job Monday, so Tuesday I went into Weekly Student Newspaper and had to announce to my co-workers, who are also some of my best friends that this week would be my last.

Since we go to press Tuesdays, it was really sad to be there Tuesday night knowing that it would be my last issue as Editor in Chief at this newspaper EVER! It was really hard because the people there are so amazing and we have the BEST time. They are my best friends, and I realize that I may never have that much of a good time at any job ever again.

And to top that off, I'm having controll issues! I realized Tuesday that I may never be the Editor in Chief of ANYTHING EVER AGAIN - and that really freaks me out! I didn't so much love my job and all of it's details, but I loved the people and, more so, I loved being in control. Now I'm going to Weekly News where I'll be the rookie and have almost no control.

On top of that, the editor that's taking over has been absent. He left early Tuesday night (because he "felt sick") and he didn't come to a meeting Wednesday (because he got called into his dad's business to do some work). This really freaks me out. I ran a tight ship at Weekly Student Newspaper. I had a lot of fun, but people were expected to be there and were expected to do their jobs. Now the new editor isn't even doing his job, so how is anyone else going to do theirs and how is the newspaper going to survive.

I'd like to have faith in New Editor's capabilities, but it's hard when he pulls this crap and then I get confronted by 6 or 7 people at the paper saying "K, we're really nervous about New Editor taking over. There's not going to be a paper!"

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. All of these issues are so up in the air that it's unsettling - but REALLY exciting. I'm really happy!!

Oh, and we're having a bar night Friday with all of my friends and co-workers. I can't wait! ONE LAST HOORAH!

Labels: , , , , , , ,