« Home | Job update » | Job situation » | I usually start a post off with a title. Today, I ... » | Online dating update » | I just came across this and, even though I've hear... » | Fun little ditty » | TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! » | Online Dating » | Tiger Withdrawal » | The Mc's »

Movies as an interactive experience

When did going to the movies become an interactive experience?

Over the last few months I've seen a few movies at various theaters. One thing that transends genres, theaters or number of other spectators in the seats is that each movie I've attended in the last three to four months has seemed like we're at a baseball game.

People yelling at the screen, telling the antagonist where to turn or what to do or which guy to call. Spectators predicting what's going to happen next. Just general side conversations. These are the things that have been ruining my theater experiences.

My question is: when did it become culturaly acceptable for people to do this in a public movie theater? I remember when I was a child, if I were to talk with a friend while the movie was playing, an old woman or two in the front row would turn around and "sush" me with a scowl on her face.

When did people stop "sushing" those who are annoyingly loud movie disturbers at my cinematic adventures (credit: Dane Cook)?

It's time for people to shut up and let the rest of us enjoy our movie-going experiences once again. It's time to restore the shame and humility of getting "sushed" by the old ladies so much that people will never speak in a movie theater AGAIN!

So...shut up and enjoy the movie. I know I will once you SHUT UP!!!

Labels: , , , ,