« Home | The Mc's » | Jesus Hates Me » | New design, template. » | Jobs. » | Holiday break is killing me. » | Blogs, lying, secrets .... A New Year's resolution » | Some troubles » | Hit the Nail on the Head » | Moving on. » | Randomness... »

Tiger Withdrawal

I am going through HARD CORE Detroit Tigers withdrawal.

For those of you who don't know me or don't know my situation ... I am a HUGE Detroit Tigers fan. I love them more than anything in the world - seriously.

I told my mom the other day that there are three reasons I would want to stay in Michigan to get a job after graduation. First was the Tigers, then came family and friends. Seriously? Seriously.

This summer was the greatest time of my life. We got the 42-game pack of season tickets. I went to 37 - and that included all of the the post-season games too.

The post-season was FRIGGIN amazing. Did you know that MY TIGERS went to the WORLD SERIES??

Oh yeah, that's right, we did.

Anyway, I went to an ASS-LOAD of games at home and then, PURELY by coincidence, I ended up having a conference to go to in St. Louis that had been scheduled 3 months prior, during the time the TIGERS were in town for the World Series. We stayed at the same hotel as the team - also purely by coincidence - and got tickets to Game 4!

It was amazing. One of my best friends - Mr. Inviting - went to all of the festivities with me and we had the best time of my life - literally.

I can't describe in words how much this season kicked ass, and how much fun I had, and how much St. Louis, and everything in general meant to me. It is indescribable.

Now, in mid-January, I am going through HARD CORE TIGER WITHDRAWAL.

I just planned my graduation trip to NY and Boston and, also by pure coincidence, the Tigers will be in Boston during the same time I'm there. So I ordered tickets and they came two days ago.

My mom, who we'll say is pretty much the best mom ever, just re-ordered the 42-game season ticket package, so I'll be able to go to just as many game this season.

I'm really excited for this season. I love my Tigers and I'm going through serious withdrawal.

Oh well -- OH!! Did I mention that the Tigers are stopping my MY SCHOOL as part of their winter caravan trip? Oh yeah, they are -- and that's next Wednesday -- so I'll see them then.

SOOOO EXCITED but SOOOOO jonesing for some Tigs.