« Home | Blogs, lying, secrets .... A New Year's resolution » | Some troubles » | Hit the Nail on the Head » | Moving on. » | Randomness... » | SUCH a girl... » | Ground rules. » | Boring life.... » | More about boys... » | Boys!! »

Holiday break is killing me.

Being a college student, I get almost a month off from school, and therefore, work - because I work for the college newspaper. This break. Is. Killing. Me.

I hate having nothing to do. My parents own their own automotive training company, so I'm working there (or here - seeing as how that's where I am right now) a few days a week to pay the bills and to have something to do during the day. But other than that, it's been nothing but movies and bars and nights out or days shopping with friends and, occasionally, my mom or sister.

It's killing me. Really it is. I went from being so busy that I could only afford 4-5 hours of sleep per night, between school full time, working at the newspaper, working at my parent's place to help them out and freelancing with the Daily Newspaper, to this - read: nothing.

It's horrible. I love having the time off, and I really like the fact I've been able to sleep in or go out late at night. But I hate having NOTHING to do.

For the first time in over 2 years, a few minutes ago I checked EVERYONE'S away messages on my AIM buddy list. And I mean EVERYONE'S! Usually I check to see where a few of my peeps are, but this time I checked EVERYONE'S.

It really made me feel like I was back up north. I went to a university up north for 2.5 years until I came back downstate to where I am now.

When I went to the univ. up north, I was bored all the time. Not just one month out of the year, like I am now - but all the time. I had a job that I worked at for maybe 15 hours a week and I went to school full time, but none of my classes started before noon and all of my friends were lame.

I'm from a large metropolitian area. So down here, there are a lot of things to do and place to go and people to see. Up there, my friends' ideas ofa fun night was playing cards, drinking and playing the guitar. That was fun for a while, but I was ALWAYS bored - and miserable. I was so unhappy there. I wasn't myself and I felt like I wasn't living. I felt like a nobody.

So I moved down here, got a life, proceeded to become horribly busy and never looked back. I am finally happy. But now, I'm bored. And miserable. I hate being idle. It makes me feel useless, and I hate it. It's bringing back memories of being up north, and I'm getting depressed.

I can't wait for school/work to start again - 6 days and counting.