« Home | Online Dating » | Tiger Withdrawal » | The Mc's » | Jesus Hates Me » | New design, template. » | Jobs. » | Holiday break is killing me. » | Blogs, lying, secrets .... A New Year's resolution » | Some troubles » | Hit the Nail on the Head »

TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

After posting about my Detroit Tigers withdrawl the team came to my school as part of their Winter Caravan.

I just thought I would go to the event, see them up on stage, talk to a few students, snap a few pictures and leave. That notion turned out to be completely wrong.

A day or so after I found out about the event, I got a call from the University Marketing department saying there would be a brief "press conference" for any media before the event started.

So I prepared a few questions, thinking I would only get to ask one, maybe two, question, and set out to the "press conference."

The players, coaches and commentators came into the room and instead of taking their seats at the front table they stayed standing and mingled among the press.

Yes, I got ONE-ON-ONE INTERVIEWS with a plethora of Tigers players.

It was so exciting. I was extremely nervous at first, but after the first one-on-one I got in the swing of things and started asking really good questions and really interacting with them.

I'm really excited to sit down and write the story, it was a great event and just the fix I needed to last me until Spring Training.

Now, I usually don't do this, but below I've posed a few photos from the event, including a few of myself interviewing a few players. Enjoy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Myself interviewing former New York Yankee and newly aquired Detroit Tiger Gary Sheffield.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me interviewing Tigers FSN commentator Mario Impemba.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me interviewing Detroit Tigers Centerfielder Curtis Granderson.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
AP Photo of Garry Sheffield entering the O'Rena

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
AP Photo of Gary Sheffield being interviewed by some members of the media