« Home | Sex and the city? » | Adult-ish beginnings » | New experience » | Hello New York » | It's all coming to an end » | Scared. Like, really scared. » | I know, I know » | Movies as an interactive experience » | Job update » | Job situation »

Old and scared.

God I feel old. Old and scared. Old because I just had a birthday. Scared because there is a mouse in my house. Both occurred on the same day.
I had a small get-together of friends/co-workers for the celebration of my decent into time. It was fun. We sat around and drank playing cards and various other board and card games. We laughed and had a good time until around 2 a.m. when there was only four of us (humans) left. We were sitting around the kitchen table talking when a co-worker (we’ll call him Gossip Queen – even though he’s straight and engaged, he’s still a queen) said, “you know you have a mouse? Seriously, it just scampered across your kitchen floor.”
So I screamed and asked the men to kindly help me find and dispose of the mouse. They couldn’t find it. I thought it disappeared back into the cellar, where it came from. I didn’t see it or hear from it again. I thought it was gone.
I decided to get a few mouse traps just in case. Because, you know, I don’t want to be sleeping and have that creepy thing crawl on me and poop in my mouth!!
So I set the traps with peanut butter and waited. I went back into the kitchen and saw the trap had been moved, the peanut butter semi-eaten – yet, no mickey mouse in the trapy-trap.
So I’m scared. I got a few more different kind of traps today to see if Modest Mouse will trigger them. So we’ll see if that works.
Right now…I’m just feeling scared …and old.