« Home | New experience » | Hello New York » | It's all coming to an end » | Scared. Like, really scared. » | I know, I know » | Movies as an interactive experience » | Job update » | Job situation » | I usually start a post off with a title. Today, I ... » | Online dating update »

Adult-ish beginnings

First of all let me just say this is the most annoyingly stupid cast of Wheel of Fortune players I have EVER seen.

Sorry, that was just bugging the holy beejesus out of me.

So here I am. Relaxing. After a long day of work. Sipping a glass of red wine. Eating my healthy chicken dinner on the couch. Watching the Wheel. Feeling like an adult(ish).

I just remember what couldn't be more than three months ago. Me wishing and hoping and praying for a "big girl job." Waiting for the day I can move out of my parent's basement and make a home and a name for myself in a place where no one knows my name (permission granted to humm "Boston" - if you know what I'm talking about here, I applaud you).

Now. My dreams, well, almost all of them, have been realized.

I am on my own. Dealing with a landlord I can't stand. Putting things like steak knives and Lawry's seasoning salt on my shopping list. Needing to go to the bank to open a checking account so I can pay bills. Putting Mylar numbers on my mailbox. Stopping at the liquor store after work to get wine (and not getting carded by the way).

I also remember a time not too long ago when I looked at some of my favorite bloggers and thought to myself, "I'd like a life like them. To be able to sip wine while watching whatever you want on TV after getting in from a date your mother doesn't have to know about while blogging on your bed. That sounds like the life for me."

It's now that I realize I am like that. And it's just as glamorous as previously expected. Well, maybe not COMPLETELY as glamorous as expected ... but close.

I feel like such an adult. I called Long Time Friend back in Michigan just to talk about this. She concurred that we are growing up and it's scary as hell ... but also damn exciting.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,