« Home | Adult-ish beginnings » | New experience » | Hello New York » | It's all coming to an end » | Scared. Like, really scared. » | I know, I know » | Movies as an interactive experience » | Job update » | Job situation » | I usually start a post off with a title. Today, I ... »

Sex and the city?

I was at the bar the other night and ordered a "Sex and the city" martini. I started thinking about the show and about my life.

I just recently started watching the show. I had heard from my friends that it was great and I just had to see it. Recently, every time I'd sit down to watch TV for a bit before bed, it just happend to be on TBS. So I started watching the show, and now I'm DVR'ing them so I can watch it in my spare time. I like the show; it's very entertaining.

But I often find myself thinking that my life is NOTHING like the show. I'm a young, fairly attractive, single, 20-something. Is my life supposed to be like that? Am I supposed to be entertaining a gentleman every night? Am I supposed to be going out to bars night in and night out like a desperate woman looking for a man?

Maybe that's my problem. I don't go out that often - I try to make it once every (or every other) week. But is that enough? Would that get me laid more often? Would that find me a suitable man to settle down with? Maybe.

But should it be like that? I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I think that looks desperate - which I'm not. I'm cool with being single. Obviously I'd like to share my life with someone, but it's not a requisite in my life.

Maybe I should try going out 3-5 times per week to see if that'll make my life complete.

Labels: , , ,